Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Advent blog-a-long Day 18

I'm feeling like a Scrooge today or maybe a Grinch.  More a grinch I think as I am not obsessed by money but I really dont want the commercial mess that is Christmas to be here.

The end of the year is a time to relax and recharge your batteries ready for the new year and what do we insist on doing.  Try to cram as much into the last two weeks as possible, parties, family visits, end of school concerts, plays etc.  We leave shopping (whether gift or food) to the last minute and then grumble cause we can't find what we want to give Aunt J or the magic ingredient for the wonderful relish passed down through the ages and for what?

A day where we spend the whole time chained to a hot oven in boiling temperatures to please a dozen people who you see two or three times a year and who you will spend your entire Boxing Day cleaning up after.  If you are lucky enough to be going elsewhere this Christmas Day you will be fed far too much rich food and spend the day biting your toungue over well meaning comments from well meaning friends and relatives on how to bring up your children.

I get like this every year and I hope in another year or two Jot will be old enough to help me see the fun side of it again as right now it is one long big chore that will end in family feuds (although this year it will just be the three of us - can I cause a feud with a 15 month old?)

So right now I believe the Grinch should steal Christmas.

Bah Humbug to you all.
Jots Mum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With you on the big chore......I look forward to next year when miss will hopefully be a little more help than hinderance