I found an empty lined journal that I bought some time ago and turned it into my sewing journal for 2013. There is more than enough room though for this is to go for a number more years if it works.
Inside, all I have done is title each double page spread with the month and year. Then there are three columns (loosely speaking) Item, Completed and Picture.
It is that simple. I have put things in throughout the year depending on when birthdays are coming up and when Jot needs new pjs etc but I mostly add things as they come up. For example the bottom six items were added during the month. This journal also includes step for things e.g basting a quilt or binding a quilt as just putting down X Quilt is waaayyy to intimidating and usually results in nothing getting done.
So here is my roll call of what was completed in January 2013. (yes I know there are still a couple of days left but I have some major study to do and my machine is not going to get a look in till next week sometime)
Two Swoon blocks
Sashing the Swoon and completing the quilt top (I also pieced the back but didn't take a photo)
1 Quilt Top for Aussie Hero Quilts
1 Dolls Quilt
Shopping Bags as a birthday present for my SIL
In addition I have pin basted my Mondrian Quilt for hand quilting over the next few months (I am determined this will be on our sofa THIS winter)
and I made a sheet bag for CT at childcare (again forgot to take a photo)
All in all I am really happy with how much I got done this month. Lets see if I can keep up the momentum once study really kicks in along with setting up my new business.