Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oh Beehave - October Block

I know I have mentioned this somewhere before, I am a member of the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild (MMQG) and they are running a Quilting Bee.  Now I have never made a block before so thought this would be a very good idea to get me to challenge myself and to learn new skills (and maybe be a little more carfeul with my piecing) so I signed up.

October is Esthers month and now she has received the block I made I can post a picture of it here.  I have no idea what the middle block is called but I think it is my take of a disappearing nine patch with a window frame.  Esther asked for 10.5 inch blocks and I am really excited to note that mine were exactly that.

So here it is - my first ever block







I wasn't too sure about it at first but the more I look at the picture the more I like it.

I still have to figure out my fabrics and block requests but my month isn't till August so I can think about it until the fabric deadline in February.

Have a good weekend

Jots Mum

No comments: