Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a difference a day makes

I woke this morning with the start of a migraine so I did the only thing I could do.  I rang in sick, lined up R to do the childcare run, took the strongest migraine medication I have and went back to bed.

Four house later I woke up feeling a hundred times better but still not great so decided I couldn't face the computer but could face the sewing machine.  Until I walked into the sewing room/playroom and saw this:

IMG_7560 IMG_7561

What a mess!  My beautiful daughter is a home wrecker! (ok so the mess on the sewing table is mine but the rest was created by my whirlwind)

So two hours later after much cleaning, tidying, sorting, sifting and chucking it looked like this:

IMG_7567

IMG_7570

Much more conducive to a little creative time.

I sat down to my sewing machine and have knocked another two Christmas presents off my list which means there is another parcel waiting to be sent and I am down to one (but I am not happy with it and trying to decide if I dismantle it and start again or finish it and send it as is).

I also took the opportunity of being Jot free to put the binding on her quilt (that I was planning to give her last Christmas) so now I just need to hand sew it down.  Wonder if I can finish it off in time for this Christmas.

After all that though I am exhausted (and think I may have pushed it too far) so going to take another pill and nip to bed for a bit before R and Jot return this evening.

Take care

Jotsmum

No comments: