Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

I have been creating

Before I show you what I have been up to I need to send out another Thank you to Nic who sent this lovely doll to Jot as part of my Secret Santa
IMG_8602
She has been virtually everywhere with Jot today and in fact we nearly lost her at in the pond at Church.  Luckily a friend has very quick reflexes and saved the baby doll (Jot on the other hand got a little wet :) )
Now on to my creating.
Jot and I were invited to a 40th birthday yesterday and I realised on Friday night that Jot didn't have a clean party dress that fits her so I grabbed a new pattern to me (The Molly Peasant from Sis Boom) on Saturday morning and started sewing. I cut it out in the morning, put the bodice together while Jot was napping and finished it off once she was in bed.  All in it took about 3 hours to make from printing the pattern to ready to wear.  So simple and easy and I have already bought the adult version for myself.  She wore it today and it was great. 
IMG_7630
The weather on the other hand wasn't good so she spent most of the day with a pair of leggings and a fleece in addition to the dress
The fabric is a voile I picked up from Spotlight on sale a couple of weeks ago for $4pm and it took just short of a metre to make the dress (but I fussy cut to make the skirt all the main pattern).  So the dress cost me (in materials) about $5 to make - bargin.
I have finished a quilt - but I am soo excited about that and it is getting its own post later in the week once I have been able to get good photos of it. 
And my last creation is my birthday cake.  We have a birthday tea at work each month and as my birthday falls in December I decided to take my cake in to work today.  I try to not go too traditional each year.  This year I am trying a new recipe for me a Lemon Sour Cream Cake.  I even enticed a non cake eater into trying it (and he went back fro seconds) so I am happy with the result.  It is kind of like a Madeira cake and very yummy.
IMG_7643
So on that note I am off to eat cake and will wish you a good week ahead.
Jotsmum

No comments: