Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

September already!!

Someone tell me where this year has gone.  In just 13 days Jot turns 2,  Yes you heard me right 2.  It is weird to think that I have been back at work for over a year now and we have been in the new house for 8 months (should I stop calling it new and finally finish unpacking yet?).  I still feel like it should be the start of winter not the start of spring (not that the weather thinks it's spring)

I have been working on J&Ts quilt and have now finished piecing the back and am now trying to decide whether I do the quilting myself (could be interesting) or whether I get it done on a long arm.  I would really like to be able to say I had done it all myself but I know my quilting is very poor standard and I want it to look good.  Decisions, decisions (I have to get it done by January 2011).

I have a couple more presents finished too.  My Mother in laws birthday pressie and my nephews bday pressie (well half of it anyway).

I had a lovely delivery of fabric yesterday from Kimberly at FQS.  A quilt kit for the next boy born in the family.


and 5 yrds each of Kona White and Kona Snow 



In addition I got the first half of the fabric for my quilt and I have to say the internet doesn't do it justice.  You will have to wait for a picture as I am expecting the remaining fabric to arrive this week and I can't just show half now can I.  If we weren't watching the pennies I would fil my stash with this collection as it is utterly utterly gorgeous and I plan to add a bit more to the stash in a month of so (if there is any left).

I let Jot open the packages as she was feeling abit under the weather and as soon as they were open she started stroking the fabric  - wonder where she gets that from.

My parents arrive on Saturday so most of my sewing time will be spent with them but I hope to get the last knitted face cloth off my needles while they are here.

I am really tempted by the September challenge (see right ==>) as I really need to replace mine, but not sure how much time I will have so I think I will unofficially join and just do what I can.

So I am off now to try to get something else under my belt tonight and to get dinner ready.

Happy September everyone.

Jots Mum

1 comment:

Kayscha said...

I am just in the process of sewing down the binding on that quilt kit. It looks fab and Emma from the big quilters quilted it for me and did an amazing job. I just have to gift it to my 2 month old nephew...better get a move on x