Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

It seems to have been forever...

since I posted!  Sorry.

There has been some sewing going on but mostly there has been packing, preparing and cuddling.  R & Jot are now on a plane somewhere over Europe due to land in London in about three hours and I am really hoping that the flight went well.  On Thursday we discovered Jot has a chest infection and and ear infection so the flight was looking very long to R when we went ot bed that night.  The antibiotics kicked in really very quickly and by Friday afternoon when I left them at the airport she was pretty much back to her normal self if very tired.

I did try to get some sewing done for her while she was in England but I a) forgot to add the seam allowance when tracing an Ottober pattern and b) ran out of time when she wouldn't sleep and just needed Mummy, so the two dresses are still in pieces on my sewing table along with a pari of leggings for her.  I wonder if I will be able to get to them before they get back.

So I now have two weeks ahead of myself to fill (well I will be working for 6 days so only 8 days to fill) and I am making list of all the crafty things I want to get done.  I have decided to focus on Christmas in these two weeks and hopefully will get all the Christmas (plus two end of year birthdays) finished before the get home.

My list therefore consists of:

5 batches of Soap
1 Tutu
1 Art Smock
1 Art Wallet
2 x Boys birthday pressies which I have noe idea about yet
Finish my MIP Skirt (Yes I do know how long I have been saying that)
Piece J&T Wedding Quilt Top
Sandwich and Quilt the Dolls Quilt for Jots birthday
Sandwich and Hand Quilt Jots quilt (I will have this at least started as I plan to take it to the next Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild Meeting just before they get back)
Knit 5 Face washers
If I have time (who am I kidding) I would like to get a start on painting the spare room and making curtains for Jots room.

So that is my very over ambitious plan for the next few weeks.  In addition I also plan to go to the movies at least twice (although I have no idea what I am going to watch) and to read at least 1 book.

I had better get cracking then hadn't I.  I think I will start by procrastinating and clean my sewing table.

Have a good weekend
Jots Mum

No comments: