Thursday, April 29, 2010

Some Sewing

Yay  I fixed my machine.  Didn't take much in the end but was time consuming tracking down the issue.

To test it out I cut out a Pinafore dress from Making Childrens Clothes.  I used the smallest size (2-3yrs) and it is still far to big for Jot but she will fit it next year.

I made it up in fleece as it was for winter.  I didn't bother to line it though (shame as I could have used it as my April challenge)

I like it and so does Jot, I tried it one over her clothes yesterday and she didn't want to take it off.  So this pattern will be used again.  Now I just need to figure out which bits to adjust to make it fit her now.  I suk at drafting so I may wiat till she fits this size. 

I will be doing this again not just for Jot but for my niece A whos birthday is in July.  An english summer birthday so I think a lightweight quilters cotton would go down well.  Now to have a look through my stash and decide what to use.

Happy sewing

Jots Mum

1 comment:

Red Haired Girl said...

That is very cute!
Glad the machine is going again.
Happy Sewing

Esther