Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Productive Weekend

last weekend was very productive.

Jot slept for 3 hours each day (I am not quite sure what has got into her but I'm not turning it down) so I got a lot of time at my sewing machine.

First completed was my first attempt at the Make It Perfect Versatile Wrap.  According to the measurements I am a large but when I tried it on the button hole (for the ties to go through) is in the middle of my back so for my next attempt I will be doing the medium.  These aren't the fabrics I showed before because I didn't want to use them till I was comfortable with the pattern.

As mentioned above next time I will make the medium rather than the large and I think as the material is thinner I will have a go at making it reversible.  That will be later this month as we are away this weekend.

I was then on a roll so I finished of a toddler backpack for Jots cousin A whose birthday is in July.  Hope she likes it (still haven't heard if they liked their christmas presents)


Lastly I decided to attempt to knit some cotton dishcloths (well actually this one was meant to be a face washer for Jot but has turned out a little small) and am now 3/4 of the way through my second.  They are so quick and easy and so soft too.


I also started the quilt top of a dolls quilt for Jot hoping to have it finished and quilted and the binding half on to take with me this weekend but I think that is being optimistic so I will take some more cotton and knit instead.


Hope you are all having a good week.

Jots Mum

1 comment:

Claireabell said...

Beautiful! Love the skirt and the backpack is so cute. I have never got the hang of knitting so I'm very impressed with anyone who can do it. Nice job :-)